The specially enhanced Sony Optiarc 5280S-CB-ROBOT drive was developed as an enhanced archival / duplication grade writer drive. The CB series of drives from Sony Optiarc were created to provide improved burning performance and disc content longevity which are critical applications when creating long lasting archival media or burning mass duplication in a simultaneous multi-drive recording environment. With features like Secure Media Speed Stability, Enhanced Recording Stabilization Control, Enhanced CD-R duplication, Archival media compatibility, Accurate Tray Extension for autoloaders and many other enhanced features makes the CB series the preferred writer drive of the archival and duplication industry. Even with all of these advantages, the CB series of Sony Optiarc drives remain competitively priced with similar ODD writer drives.
Better Burning Quality:
- Secure Media Speed Stability - Ensures that media duplication speed does not exceed encoded maximum rates to provide better burning control and virtually eliminates bad burns.
- Enhanced Recording Stabilization Control - Ensures all drives in a single duplication environment burn uniformly to avoid disproportionate speed fluctuations, which lead either to failed discs or less compatible completed discs.
- Stable Recording Control - The drives have an extensive database of media specs and are better able to communicate and convey these details while burning the disc(s) at ultimate speed.
- DVD+R DL Overburn - Can extend the listed capacity from 8.5GB up to 8.7GB* to allow the user to capture more content on a single DVD+R DL disc.
Greater Compatibility with blank media and media players:
- Stable burning throughout - Provides consistent and reliable burning of any file type for the duration of the duplication progress to ensure the recorded media has far greater reliability of playback or that the discs will successfully copy to begin with.
- Enhanced Compatibility for DVD+R media-Ensuring greater compatibility with DVD Players
- Enhanced CD-R Duplication - Limits potential distortion in CD-R audio duplication
- Enhanced Compatibility for CD+G media-Ensuring greater compatibility with Karaoke players
- Supports 99 minute CD-R-Allows CD-R media to be over-burned effectively to 99 minutes
- Archival Capability-Works with wide array of specialty archival media for greater longevity on stored content
Drives Last Longer:
- Built using sturdier components-Compared to alternative drives, this model was built using the true Japanese design and parts lists for a stronger and more reliable system.
- Less Wear and Tear - since there are fewer bad burns, the system is able to complete its jobs in less burns meaning a prolonged life for the drives themselves due to less use
- Industrial tray gears & pulleys - provides a more stable disc loading tray for a longer life cycle (1 cycle equals 1 tray extend from and then return into the drive)
- Enhanced Error Reporting - Provides greater details as to the cause of any potential duplication failure during the Lead-In
Works with Robotic Duplication Equipment:
- Accurate Tray Extension - Provides reliable consistent tray extension for Robotic Duplication System
|Disc Loading Method:
|Max Transfer Rate (Read):
||DVD-ROM SL : 16x
DVD-ROM DL : 12x
DVD+R : 16x
DVD-R : 16x
DVD+R DL : 12x
DVD-R DL : 12x
DVD+RW : 13x
DVD-RW : 13x
CD-ROM : 48x
CD-R : 48x
CD-RW : 40x
||DVD+R : 24x
DVD+R DL : 12x
DVD+RW : 8x
DVD-R : 24x
DVD-R DL : 12x
DVD-RW : 6x
CD-R : 48x
CD-RW : 32x
|Buffer Memor Capacity:
||DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I Ready, CD-Bridge, PhotoCD, VideoCD, CD-DA, CD Extra, CD Text
||DAO, SAO, TAO with zero gap, variable or fixed packet, multisession
||W 5.8" x D 6.7" x H 1.65"
|Advanced Feature Set:
||-Enhanced Burn Quality
-Enhanced Drive Durability/Longevity
-Enhanced Robotic Support
|Archival Feature Set:
||-Archival Storage Capable
-Works with wide array of specialty archival media for greater longevity of stored content